Tasty Beef Tacos
Skip the taco seasoning – here’s how to make full-flavored tacos! Chili powder, cumin, green chilies and fresh lime set the scene for your south-of-the-border meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can green chilies (3 oz.), chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes (12 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 pounds ground beef
- 2 limes, one juiced and one for garnish
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Corn tortillas
- Lettuce, shredded
- Sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside. Heat olive oil in the same skillet. Add onion and garlic; sauté for 4 minutes. Add oregano, cumin, chili powder, green chilies, salt, pepper and diced tomato. Heat until bubbling. Add ground beef and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in juice of one lime and cilantro.
- Serve in corn tortillas topped with shredded lettuce and sour cream. Slice the remaining lime and use as a garnish.