Tasty Turkey Parmesan
Save to My Recipes
You can doctor your sauce with extra herbs, some lemon zest, and/or red wine.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
- 1¼ lbs. boneless, skinless turkey breast, sliced thinly
- 1 cup gluten-free cornbread crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ lb. whole-milk mozzarella, shredded or thinly sliced
- Flatten the turkey breast with a meat pounder. Cut into 4 serving pieces.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the cornbread crumbs with ½ cup Parmesan cheese. In another bowl combine the flour with the salt and pepper. In a third bowl add the beaten egg. Dip the turkey in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the crumb mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the turkey pieces and fry in the oil until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Treat a baking dish with gluten-free nonstick spray. Pour a little tomato sauce into the baking dish. Add the turkey pieces. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese. Cover with remaining tomato sauce. Spread the mozzarella over the top.
- Bake in oven until hot and bubbling, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.