Delicate cookies are unusual with the distinct flavor of Earl Grey tea. An easy way to blend the tea to a powder is to place it with 1⁄4 cup of the flour in a blender.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Earl Grey tea, ground to a powder
- 1 tsp. orange peel, grated
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients; blend well. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place on baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool.