Team Jersey Cake
A few simple ingredients plus Pepsi-Cola® makes for a tender and delicious cake that will definitely score big!
Serves: 12Prep: 25 minutesCook: 1 hour 35 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 cup Pepsi-Cola® (flat, room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 containers (16 oz. each) vanilla frosting
- Food colors
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom only of 13x9” pan with cooking spray. In large bowl mix cake mix, soda, oil and eggs according to box directions; pour into pan.
- Bake according to box directions or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, at least 1 hour. Once cake has cooled, invert onto a serving board.
- Frost cake with 1 container of frosting. In a small bowl place ½ cup frosting from 2nd container and tint to desired color of favorite team’s jersey. Frost with jersey-colored frosting. (Use photo as guide)
- In another small bowl, place ¼ cup frosting and tint for team name and number; reserve remaining frosting for another use. Place in small resealable plastic bag; partially seal; cut off small corner from bag. Pipe to create team name and number.
- Loosely cover any remaining cake.