Ten-Minute Pasta Pesto
Many Italian pastas like this one come together in no time at all.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, washed, trimmed, and lightly steamed
- 8 oz. ziti, cooked for 5 minutes, then drained
- 3 quarts rapidly boiling water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over very high heat; add the onions and peas.
- Place the par-cooked ziti into the boiling water. When onions are translucent (3 minutes), use a slotted spoon or strainer to scoop the cooked pasta from the boiling water into the pan with the vegetables, allowing some of the pasta water to fall into the skillet along with it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from the heat; add the pesto. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.