Tender Barbecued Loin of Pork
Buy a roast with plenty of fat and the bones left in place. Be sure to get a loin pork roast, not a tenderloin.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 5 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 cups presoaked maple wood chips and maple wood briquettes
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (8 lbs.)
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups Carolina-style barbecue sauce
- Prepare grill with natural wood coals banked on one side of the grill, a water pan in the empty space, and presoaked chips.
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper.
- Place roast over pan of water and barbecue over low heat for 5 hours, mopping with barbecue sauce every half hour. Add chips every 30 minutes and water to pan as needed.