Tequila Hot Sauce
This simple, boozy sauce is especially delicious on grilled fish. This sauce will become more flavorful the longer it sits. Also, the higher quality the tequila you use, the better the sauce will be.
Makes: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 7 daysDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 tsp. whole allspice
- 1⁄4 tsp. black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 tsp. cumin seed
- 1⁄4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 pint blanco tequila
- 5 fresh red Thai chilies, lightly smashed with the side of a knife, or dried chilies
- Toast allspice, peppercorns, and cumin in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add spices, salt, tequila, and chilies to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add hot sauce to a bottle. Let sauce sit for 1 week before using. Sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.