Teriyaki Beef Skewers
These skewers make great appetizers. Prepare them the evening before if you like, then grill or broil just before serving.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. dry white sherry
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1⁄8-inch slices
- Combine vinegar, teriyaki sauce, oil, sherry, garlic, and ginger in a shallow casserole dish; mix to combine. Add the beef to the dish and thoroughly coat all the pieces with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to high. Make sure the grill grate is clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- Thread the marinated meat onto wooden skewers that have been soaked in water. Cook the skewers for 1 or 2 minutes on each side until the desired temperature is achieved.