Teriyaki Flank Steak
Take advantage of bottled teriyaki sauce and add different flavors to it to personalize your marinade. Corn on the cob and mashed potatoes round out the meal, and a warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream makes a good ending.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. peeled, grated fresh gingerroot
- ½ cup sliced whole green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 flank steak (2 lbs.)
- Combine ½ cup of the teriyaki sauce with all ingredients except the steak.
- Marinate the steak for 1 hour or more (up to overnight) before grilling.
- Grill both sides of flank steak over medium-high heat, basting with remaining teriyaki sauce (not the marinade).
- Serve sliced thin and on the diagonal.