Tex-Mex Black Bean Dip
Serve this tangy dip as an appetizer at your next Tex-Mex feast.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ⅔ cup salsa
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- Place half of black beans in a bowl. Partially mash beans until chunky. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add mashed and whole beans, tomatoes, salsa, ground cumin, and chili powder. Stirring constantly, cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in fresh cilantro and lime juice. Serve warm or at room temperature.