A tiny bit of cayenne pepper gives these brownies a bit of a kick. They’re topped with a cinnamon sugar mixture that gives them a crisp crust, while the brownies stay moist and chewy.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13-by-9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cocoa powder until smooth. Add 1 3⁄4 cups sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan. In small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon and mix well. Sprinkle evenly over brownie batter. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until brownies are just set. Cool completely and cut into bars.