Tex-Mex Chicken Mac and Cheese
Ask a child what the most perfect food on earth is, and chances are, the answer will be (boxed) macaroni and cheese. Without any meat or vegetables, though, parents might see this kid-friendly staple as slightly less than nutritional perfection. That's where Miss In the Kitchen steps in with organic macaroni that's been "doctored up" with some add-ins everyone in the family will enjoy!
- 1 box Horizon® Macaroni and Cheese
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup Silk® Soymilk
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 pinch cilantro
- Boil macaroni and drain.
- Add butter, soy milk, salsa and cheese packet to a sauce pan and stir to combine.
- Add drained macaroni and chicken; cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with avocado and cilantro, if desired.