These appetizer pasties have the flavors of Tex-Mex burritos in a bite size. Serve them with sour cream and salsa.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 rounds (9 inches) pie dough
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ cup cooked ground beef
- ½ cup refried beans
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 3" circles out of the pie dough and place them on two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the onion, ground beef, refried beans, cheddar cheese, and taco seasoning in a large bowl. Put a spoonful of the mixture in the middle of each dough circle.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush the edges of the dough circles with egg mixture, fold the dough over to make a half circle, and press the edges to seal. Use your fingers or a fork to crimp the edges. Brush the tops of the pasties with the beaten egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are golden. Serve warm.