Popcorn is a great snack that you can dress up in infinite ways. If Tex-Mex isn’t your favorite, use Italian spices or try an Asian touch.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In large bowl, place popcorn. In small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Stir in jalapeño; cook and stir for 1 minute. Then add garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer until fragrant. Remove from heat and add chili powder and cumin. Drizzle over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle salt, and cayenne pepper over popcorn and toss to coat. Spread on large baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once during baking time, until popcorn is glazed. Cool on paper towels. Store in airtight container at room temperature.