Tex-Mex Pork Quiche
This delicious and easy quiche is full of spicy flavors. Make it spicier by adding another jalapeño pepper, or milder by omitting the pepper.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cups cubed mesquite barbecue pork fillet
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 pie crust, (9") unbaked
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. grated Cotija or Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño; cook 5 minutes.
- Add pork; cook and stir for 7 to 9 minutes or until pork is almost fully cooked. Sprinkle with chili powder and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer until pork is cooked.
- Place ½ of pepper jack cheese in bottom of pie crust; top with pork mixture, then remaining pepper jack cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, cream, and oregano; beat well. Pour over cheese; top with Cotija cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Bake for 25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.