Tex-Mex Pork Quiche
Save to My Recipes
This delicious and easy quiche is full of spicy flavors. Make it spicier by adding another jalapeño pepper, or milder by omitting the pepper.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cups cubed mesquite barbecue pork fillet
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 pie crust, (9") unbaked
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. grated Cotija or Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño; cook 5 minutes.
- Add pork; cook and stir for 7 to 9 minutes or until pork is almost fully cooked. Sprinkle with chili powder and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer until pork is cooked.
- Place ½ of pepper jack cheese in bottom of pie crust; top with pork mixture, then remaining pepper jack cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, cream, and oregano; beat well. Pour over cheese; top with Cotija cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Bake for 25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.