Black-eyed peas are the base for this delicious and colorful dip; their round shape mimics the fish eggs in caviar. Serve as a dip with blue corn and regular tortilla chips.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. seeded, minced jalapeño pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and stir until well blended. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to blend flavors.