Texas Firehouse Chili
This no-bean chili is similar to dishes entered into firehouse chili cook-offs all over Texas.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cubed lean beef
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. Mexican-style chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. ground chipotle pepper
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- Quickly brown the beef in a nonstick skillet. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the meat and all of the remaining ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low up to 10 hours. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with a lime wedge.