Thai Basil Turkey
In this dish, ground turkey is used for a leaner option. However, feel free to substitute with sliced or ground chicken. Serve this dish over white rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 red Thai chilies, minced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1½ cups Thai basil leaves
- Heat a wok over medium heat and add the oil. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chilies and cook for 1 minute before adding in onion. Cook for an additional minute or until onion softens.
- Add in the ground turkey. Cook the turkey until it is no longer pink, approximately 3–4 minutes.
- Remove the wok from heat. Stir in pepper, fish sauce, and basil. Serve immediately.