Thai Beef Salad (Yum Nuer)
This classic street food dish is usually served with sticky rice. This dressing recipe is great for any type of grilled meat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. rump roast
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 cups mixed green salad or romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pickling cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 fresh red or green Thai chilies, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Marinate beef with soy sauce and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Grill beef to desired doneness. Slice beef and put in a salad bowl. Add lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Crush the chilies and garlic with a mortar and pestle to a coarse paste. Add fish sauce, lime juice, honey, and sugar to the chili and garlic paste. Alternatively, put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until chilies and garlic are chopped into small pieces, about 10 seconds.
- Toss salad dressing with salad and serve.