Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup gets a spicy, gluten-free makeover in this warming recipe.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Pure Coconut Oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles, broken into short pieces
- 1 cup snow pea pods, cut into thirds
- 1 can (13.5-13.66 oz.) coconut milk
- Cilantro, chopped
- Green onions, chopped
- In a 4-quart saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and red curry paste; cook until lightly browned on the outside. Add onion, peppers and carrots; cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and fish sauce; bring to a boil. Add rice noodles; reduce to a simmer and cook 1-2 minutes until noodles are tender. Stir in pea pods and coconut milk; heat through. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve garnished with cilantro and green onions.
- Refrigerate leftovers.