Thai Chickpea Bowl
This bright bowl is bursting with flavor! Seasoned and toasted chickpeas mix with and thin-sliced vegetables to create a refreshing, yet filling meal.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- 2 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup diced red or yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp. finely sliced red onion
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- ½ medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ scallion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Make the salad: Heat coconut oil in a skillet over high heat. Toss chickpeas in salt, pepper, onion powder, and curry powder. Place coated chickpeas in hot skillet, frying just until crispy and golden, about 3–5 minutes. (Note: as chickpeas cook, they can pop, so place your skillet on the back burner and use a long-handled spatula for safety’s sake). Transfer chickpeas to a plate lined with a paper towel. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, toss together remaining salad ingredients. Sprinkle with chickpeas.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together. Drizzle over the salad bowl.