Thai Curry Turkey Meatballs
Full of flavor and easy to whip up, these Thai-inspired juicy meatballs are perfect for dinner, as an appetizer or even as a hearty snack.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. red Thai curry paste, divided
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Fresh cilantro, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In large bowl, mix together turkey, basil, garlic, green onion, fish sauce, 1 teaspoon curry paste and cornstarch. Scoop turkey mixture into 2 tablespoon balls; place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until an internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, cook yellow onion until tender. Add remaining 2 tablespoons curry paste. Whisk in coconut milk and lime juice.
- Place meatballs in curry sauce. Allow to simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Serve meatballs with sauce over steamed rice.