Thai Fried Noodles
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. chopped sweet pickled radish
- ¼ lb. firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into ½” cubes
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 4 scallions, sliced, with green tops
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- ½ lb. flat Thai dried noodles
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 small lime, cut in wedges
- In a small bowl, mix together peanuts, radish, tofu, fish sauce, sugar, crushed red pepper, lime juice, and scallions. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt and the noodles, stir to separate, and cook about 5 minutes, until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- In a wok or heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry until golden. Add the pork and stir-fry, breaking it up, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the noodles, stir, and add the peanut and tofu mixture. Continue stir-frying for about 4 minutes until the meat is cooked and the flavors are blended.
- Transfer to a warm serving dish. Serve with lime wedges.