Thai Fried Rice with Crabmeat
This is a classic restaurant dish for Thais. Crab fried rice is ordered for the table and everyone shares it as a main rice dish along with other entrées and steamed rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 oz. crabmeat
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce, divided
- ¼ cup sliced yellow onion
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tsp. dark soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- Heat a deep sauté pan or a wok over medium heat. Add oil and fry garlic with salt over medium heat until fragrant and brown, about 10 seconds.
- Add crabmeat and ½ tablespoon light soy sauce and fry until crabmeat is brown, about 30 seconds. Add onion and fry until translucent, about 30 second.
- Add eggs and break yolks a bit. Fry without stirring for 1 minute, until egg is cooked; do not scramble. Add rice, dark soy sauce, remaining light soy sauce, and sugar and stir-fry until rice is heated up and starts to take on a darker color, about 1 minute. Turn off the heat and serve sprinkled with green onion and ground white pepper.