Thai Grilled Beef Strip Salad
This is a great salad thatʼs packed with marinated steak, fresh ingredients, and delicious aromatic herbs. Unique and definitely different from the usual dinner salad, this makes a great appetizer, side, or main dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 1 cup sliced lemongrass (about 1" pieces)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 lb. flank steak
- Preheat grill on medium and spray with olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine lime juice, coconut aminos, and lemongrass; mix until well combined.
- Brush one side of steak with marinade and place seasoned-side down on grill. Cook 7 minutes. Brush unseasoned side with marinade and flip steak. Grill for another 7 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove steak from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly (about ¼"–½" thick). Place steak slices in marinade, cover, and let soak in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a large salad bowl, toss cucumbers, tomatoes, mint, cilantro, and onion. Add steak and enough marinade to just coat vegetables. Serve cold.