Thai-Inspired Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps
Kids especially enjoy using Boston lettuce leaves to roll their sandwiches. Adjust the spiciness of the beef according to the likes of your family.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. lean ground sirloin
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup peanut sauce
- Asian chili sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sirloin, stirring to break up the meat into small pieces. Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Use a small ladle to remove and discard excess fat.
- Add the red pepper and stir to incorporate; cook for about 3 minutes. Add the scallions, cilantro, peanut sauce, chili sauce, and salt; stir to blend. Cook until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Spoon the beef mixture into the center of each leaf.