Thai Noodle Salad
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup julienned carrot (1“ long pieces)
- 1 cup julienned red bell pepper (1“ long pieces)
- 1 cup julienned cucumber (1“ long pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallions
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta, cooked, drained, and rinsed in cold water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine basil, mint, coconut milk, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, salt, lime juice, and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Drop the carrot and bell pepper into boiling water and cook 1 minute until barely tender. Plunge immediately into cold water and drain. Transfer to a large bowl and add cucumber, scallions, and bean sprouts.
- Stir in the pasta and reserved sauce. Mix well and refrigerate 1 hour. Garnish with peanuts before serving.