Thai Peanut Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Turn your side dish into a meal. Loaded high with flavorful veggies and a creamy peanut butter sauce, these nutrient-rich sweet potatoes are sure to satisfy.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 55 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into short strips
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted and salted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Poke sweet potatoes several times with fork; arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when tested with paring knife.
- Meanwhile, in blender, combine peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, chile sauce, ginger and garlic. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, cut open sweet potatoes. Fill with cabbage, carrots, bell pepper and green onion. Drizzle with peanut sauce and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
- Refrigerate leftovers.