Thai Roast Chili Sauce
Using this sauce or paste is a terrific way to spice up any dish. It is a great condiment to always have in the fridge. The flavor of this sauce adds depth to any dish, more so than just dried chilies.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 10 small dried Thai chilies
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. palm sugar
- In a large deep-frying pan, heat oil to 350°F. Fry shallot and garlic in oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain.
- Fry chilies in the same oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Drain.
- Put shallots, garlic, chilies, and tomato in a food processor, add salt, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of frying oil and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too dry and becomes hard to mix, add more oil.