Thai Sauce with Chilies and Shallots
This sauce is especially great for grilled pork or beef, and the roasted chilies add a delicious smoky flavor.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. roasted chili flakes
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 fresh red chili, minced
- Combine all ingredients and let sit for 15 minutes to allow the shallots to marinate and to remove the strong, sharp taste.