Thai Shrimp and Lemongrass Salad
The addition of lemongrass in this recipe helps balance the strong seafood flavor of the shrimp.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup water
- 1 lbs. peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 stalk thinly sliced lemongrass
- 2 thinly sliced shallots
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 2 thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 5 Thai chilies, minced
- 1 wedge of green or purple cabbage, shredded
- Bring ½ cup water to a boil in a sauté pan.
- Add shrimp and sauté over medium heat until they are just cooked, about 2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients except cabbage to the bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust the sour, spicy, and salty to your preferred taste.
- Serve over cabbage.