Thai Shrimp Cakes
Loaded with bold Thai flavors, these palate-pleasing seafood bites will delight guests at your next gathering.
Serves: 16Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup Huy Fong® Sambal Oelek Chili Paste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen® Red Curry Paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen® Fish Sauce
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, deveined and tails removed, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cooked to crisp-tender texture, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 teaspoons Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, chili paste, cilantro leaves and ginger.
- In food processor, combine eggs, red curry paste, sugar, coconut milk, fish sauce and shrimp, and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to large bowl; mix in green beans and Thai basil.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Drop in tablespoonfuls of shrimp mixture and fry 3 to 5 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer shrimp cakes to plate lined with paper towels. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.