Thai-Style Lime Chicken
Tamarind paste is made from the pulp of seeds of the tamarind tree, a tree native to North Africa and Asia. It adds a pleasing sour taste to many Middle Eastern, East Asian, and Indian dishes and can be found in some supermarkets, Asian or Latin supermarkets.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. tamarind paste
- 1 tsp. bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the grill.
- In a blender, process the lime juice, olive oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, tamarind paste, garlic, and cilantro until smooth. Place the marinade and the chicken breasts in a large, resealable plastic bag. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Remove and drain off excess marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Grill for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, turning over halfway through cooking.