Thai-Style Pasta with Tomatoes, Scallions, and Peanuts
This recipe is a classic dish for kids. It has been around for so long that it can be called a Thai recipe, rather than a Thai-inspired recipe. Moms know this dish very well. What’s better than ketchup and noodles with some vegetables?
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Heat a wok or a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the oil and fry garlic until fragrant and it starts to change color, about 10 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is cooked, about 1–2 minutes. Add yellow onions and fry for about 1 minute. Add pasta, chopped tomatoes, ketchup, fish sauce, and sugar and stir-fry for 2 minutes until tomatoes are cooked.
- Fold in the scallions and peanuts and serve.