Thai Tuna Pizza
This wholly untraditional pizza subs peanut sauce and soy sauce for tomato sauce but incorporates familiar pizza flavors such as peppers and Romano cheese. Thai peanut sauce can be found in the international foods aisle of your supermarket.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (7 oz.) Thai peanut sauce
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 prebaked pizza crust (12")
- 1 can (6 oz.) light tuna, drained
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped salted peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add peanut sauce, soy sauce, and cilantro; remove from heat and mix well. Spread over pizza crust.
- Top with tuna, sprouts, and cheeses. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with peanuts and scallions before serving.