Thanksgiving in a Loaf
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup packaged herbed bread stuffing
- 1½ lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 small potato, grated
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp. poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If the packaged stuffing mix is cubed rather than crumbed, crush it slightly. Combine it with the meat, grated potato, onion, and celery in a bowl. Beat the egg lightly and add to the meat mixture with the seasonings, mixing well. Shape into a loaf and turn into an appropriately sized lightly greased baking dish.
- Spread mashed potatoes on the top. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until the juices run clear.