This is a treat even when itʼs not Thanksgiving. Serve it alongside roast chicken anytime.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup small-diced white onion
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups stale bread cubes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat the butter in a pan on medium-high. Sauté the onion, celery, and thyme in the butter until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the sautéed vegetables, bread, egg, chicken stock, and salt and pepper. Place in a small casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes or until the top is well browned and the middle is piping hot.