The Joy of Macaroons
In less than thirty minutes, you can enjoy these lovely macaroons, made with coconut and almonds.
Serves: 24Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (14 oz.) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 24 Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Raw Almonds
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Simple Truth Organic™ Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together condensed milk, coconut, almond extract and salt.
- Grease a tablespoon lightly with cooking spray and drop dough onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press an almond into top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips at HIGH 1 minute and 15 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals and at end.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a small freezer zip-top bag and cut a tiny hole in one corner of bag. Pipe melted chocolate over cooled cookies by gently squeezing bag. Allow to cool and the chocolate to harden.