Thick and Creamy Tomato Soup
Add the milk slowly to determine how thick or thin you want it. Stop adding it to your own liking.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 oz. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Combine broth and tomatoes in a blender and puree. Add the heavy cream and half the milk and puree. Pour the puree into a large, deep skillet and simmer on medium.
- Add salt and pepper and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally. Add more milk if you want it thinner. Serve in bowls and garnish with parsley and olive oil.