Thick and Hearty Lancashire Lamb Stew
Make a double recipe and freeze half for another busy day. Cook beans the old-fashioned way or use canned cannellini beans instead.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. lamb stew meat
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ bunch parsley
- 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cans (13 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the lamb in the flour mixture.
- Brown the meat in the hot oil, about 1 minute on each side. Remove from pan and drain.
- In the same pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Place lamb and bacon in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.