This classic salad never goes out of style. Great for a pot luck, picnic, or your dinner table.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (16 oz.) cut green beans
- 1 can (16 oz.) cut yellow wax beans
- 1 can (16 oz.) red kidney beans
- 1 medium onion
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Drain the beans. Slice the onion thinly, then cut the slices into quarters.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the beans and onions to the dressing and mix well. Chill at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally. If desired, salad can be drained before serving.