Three-Cheese Jalapeño Poppers
These peppers arenʼt the deep-fried versions youʼll find at bars, but theyʼre just as gooey, cheesy, and tasty.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz. cream cheese, brought to room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 450°F and position an oven rack in the middle.
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise down the center. Remove the seeds and ribs from inside the peppers and discard.
- Combine cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, cilantro, garlic, salt, cayenne, black pepper, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into each of the jalapeño halves and top with cheddar cheese, pressing lightly to adhere. Place the filled peppers on a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the peppers are starting to char and the filling is browned and bubbly, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.