Three-Cheese Spinach-Artichoke Dip
For a different presentation, scrape cooked dip into broiler-safe dish. Top with 1⁄4 cup of bread crumbs and heat under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until bread crumbs just start to brown.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 bag salted pita chips
- Spray the inside of a 3- or 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the garlic and cook until fragrant and pale golden, about 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow the garlic to cool while proceeding with next step.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, thyme, lemon zest, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the artichokes, spinach, Parmesan, salt, and cooled garlic. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer the artichoke mixture into the prepared cooker and sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Place under a preheated broiler to brown for 1 minute before serving.
- Serve hot or warm with pita chips.