Three-Cheese Swiss Fondue
Fondue is the perfect potluck appetizer. The slow cooker will keep it at the perfect temperature without burning.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 cups shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 cup shredded baby Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 6 cups bread chunks
- 24 crisp bread sticks
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced
- 24 frozen meatballs, thawed
- In large bowl, toss cheeses with flour and set aside.
- Heat wine and garlic in large saucepan over low heat. Add lemon juice and heat over low heat until bubbles start to rise.
- Start adding the cheese/flour mixture, a handful at a time, stirring constantly. Continue until cheese melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in pepper and pour into 3-quart slow cooker, turned to “keep warm.”
- Serve immediately with chunks of bread, breadsticks, apple slices, and meatballs.