Three Mushroom Stir-Fry
Stir-frying is a great way to bring out the flavor of fresh mushrooms. For extra color, add half a red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into chunks.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ lb. fresh shiitake mushrooms
- ¼ lb. fresh button mushrooms
- 1 oyster mushroom
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth or brush with a mushroom brush. Thinly slice the shiitake and button mushrooms. Cut the oyster mushroom into thin pieces. (If you like, remove the leathery “gill” underneath the cap of the oyster mushroom.)
- Add the oil to a heavy skillet preheated on medium-high heat. Add the shallot and the mushrooms. Stir-fry for a minute. Stir in the lemon juice and red wine vinegar. Cook the vegetables for another minutes, stirring continually to keep them from burning. Season with pepper. Serve hot.