Cayenne peppers are most commonly found dried and ground in the herbs and spices isle of your grocery store.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add all ingredients. Cover and cook on low heat for 6–8 hours.
- Transfer sauce to a food processor or blender. Pulse two or three times until almost smooth.