You may substitute almost any jam for the raspberry. Apricot, cherry preserves, or poppy seed filling all add a delicious sweetness to these pretty cookies.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Whisk flour and salt together. Stir into creamed mixture until well blended. Form into 1-inch balls; roll in chopped nuts. Arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake 5 minutes. Press thumb down to dent each cookie; fill indentation with jam.
- Bake 8 to 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.