If you prefer, you can use mascarpone cheese instead of the cream cheese in this recipe.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 5 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp. cold, strongly brewed coffee, divided
- 1 tsp. powdered gelatin, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the coffee until thick and creamy.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining coffee with 1⁄2 teaspoon gelatin. Allow to stand for 10 minutes to bloom. Once bloomed, heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds to melt. Cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup heavy cream with the vanilla until it begins to thicken. Slowly add in the gelatin mixture and beat until medium peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Spread into the prepared pie crust; cover and chill for 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining gelatin with 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cold water. Let stand 10 minutes, then melt in the microwave for 10 seconds. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup cream, 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla with a stand mixer or hand mixer on medium-high speed until it starts to thicken. Slowly pour in the cooled gelatin and whip until the cream forms medium peaks. Spread over the pie. Chill for 1 hour.
- Dust the pie with cocoa powder before serving.