Toasted Coconut Zucchini Protein Muffins
Toasted coconut flavored pancake mix adds instant flavor and a boost of protein to these veggie-loaded morning muffins. They can also be enjoyed as a nutritious dessert!
Serves: 24Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (20 oz.) Private Selection™ Toasted Coconut Protein Pancake Mix
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nut pieces, toasted
- Private Selection™ 100% Pure Grade A Amber Color Rich Taste Maple Syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 12-cup muffin pans with baking cups; set aside.
- Whisk together pancake mix, water, zucchini, oil, eggs, sugars, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nuts until well combined.
- Add batter to baking cups, filling about ¾ full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Serve with maple syrup, if desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container.