Toasted Peanut Sauce
This Thai condiment is often served as a sauce for satay, spring rolls, potstickers, or brushed on vegetables or bread. For a quick meal or snack, pour on cooked pasta and sprinkle sesame seeds or chopped scallion on top.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (13 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 oz. red or green curry paste
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 tsp. spicy red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Place an enameled pot over medium heat. Add all ingredients and bring to a boil, whisking continually.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately or place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. (Refrigerated sauce will be thick, but will thin when heated.)